RAPPER / DJ SEARCH COMPETITION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The terms & conditions have been created and set out by G and G Events and Functions (Pty) LTD ('the promoter responsible for creation & implementation of the above mentioned campaign").
These Terms and Conditions will govern the RAPPER / DJ SEARCH Competition.
All participants during the term of this Campaign agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter is: G and G Events and Functions (Pty) LTD t/a G&G Productions, registered company number 2016/049124/07, whose registered office is at 1 Bompas Road, Craighall Park, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2196
2. Employees of G and G Events and Functions (Pty) LTD t/a G&G Productions or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://ragefestival.co.za/rapper-dj-search
5. Entry to the competition will open on the 10th of June 2019 at 8pm and closing date for entry will be 00:00 SAST on the 24th of June 2019. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
7.1 Only persons of the age of 17/18 and have to be in Matric (at the time of entry), will be permitted to enter the competition. No person over the age of 18 will be permitted to enter the competition unless they are in Matric.
7.2. The winners of the competition will receive one of the following 3 prizes based on their position of the leaderboard:
7.2.1. 1st Place: Performance at Rage Festival at The Sound Factory on one of the stages chosen by the Rage Festival Artist Manager and entrance into the festival for a full week for you + 1 x friend.
7.2.2. 2nd Place: A performance at one of the hottest MD afterparties on the Rage Festival stage at the club event.
7.2.3. Prizes will only be in the form of a performance and no travel or accommodation costs will be paid for.
7.3. All persons entering the competition, need to be available to attend Rage Festival over the event dates as detailed on the Rage Festival website and in line with the agreed performance dates. Further information regarding the rules and steps to be followed can be found at: https://ragefestival.co.za/rapper-dj-search-competition/
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The performance as 1st place is a free performance and Rage Festival will not remunerate the winner for a festival set fee.
11. Top 12 Finalists will be chosen:
11.1. Based upon skill, total plays, total comments, total shares, social presence, & personality. The chosen 12 will be broken up as follows:
6 x DJs chosen
6 x Rappers Chosen
They will be announced, contacted & will go on to battle at the hottest MD afterparties in Jozi/KZN.
11.2. Submissions will close on the 24th of June 2019 and the top 12 will be announced on the 26th of June 2019 and they will go on to perform and battle at Matric Dance Afterparties in which the first 4 winners will compete at the Sands on the 28th of June and the rest to follow. Rage Festival will supply a judge at all 3 rounds of battle, that will be present in order to choose the top 2 acts that will be the final winners for the competition and taking home 1st prize.
11.3. The winner will be contacted by the artist manager at Rage Festival to ensure he/she is a valid winner.
12. The 12 finalists will be notified online, by email and/or telephonically on the 26th of June 2019. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not confirm their commitment to perform in the finals at Rage Festival within 3 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the finalist and pick a replacement finalist.
13. The promoter will notify the 12 finalists when and where the respective battle performances will take place following their selection and announcement on the Rage Festival platform.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. The promoter may in their sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the promoter’s website.
22. The promoter will not be responsible for the accommodation or transport of the winners to the afterparty locations and to and from Rage Festival South Africa 2019. This will be for the contendants own account.
23. Anyone older than 18 years and younger than 25 years can attend the festival. Side note – If you are born in the year 2001 but are not 18 at the time of the festival, you won’t get entry to the festival, even though you turn 18 in 2019.
Thank you and GOODLUCK!